Thursday, October 25, 2012

Trust is key.

Are you a constant user of Facebook or Twitter? Have you seen posts of "in love" people which sometimes you think are somewhat overrated? Have you seen two people who are like talking to each other by posting status updates of their own? Well, I did.

Sometimes, I feel like I am not comfortable with Facebook having so much drama from its users (or at least, my Facebook friends). Or maybe because I don't have a relationship that I could shout (or post) to everyone on Facebook. I am not really sure.



Image Source
While I am busy thinking of what I really am feeling -- if it was discomfort or envy -- with relationship-related posts on Facebook, I decided to look over random articles on Google about romantic relationship and social media, I bumped into (yes, bumped, as if I saw this while strolling around a mall. Haha!) an article written by Joann Pan entitled "How Social Media Helps Romantic Relationship Thrive" on a site called Mashable.

Her article was filled with tips on how to handle personal romantic relationships and social media at the same time without destroying any of the two -- or even either of the couple.  Over all the article, tips to sustain or propel "new and long term romantic relationships" are given for their readers.

As it says on the article, "When Done Right, Social Media is Like Glue." This statement by Miss Pan was supported by the opinion of a self-described internet geek, wife, and mother named Alexandra Samuel, PhD who believes that the internet sustains and builds relationships.

Image Source

I am totally agreeing on this one.  I think, it really is a matter of balance.  As many would say, "lahat ng sobra, masama." Being able to talk to your partner regarding your relationship.  After all, trust is the one which makes your relationship last.

Speaking of trust, there's a line in the article which says "however, romantic duos should showcase trust by avoiding cyber stalking at all costs," to which I agree.

I know some people -- some are my frineds, actually, who tend to stalk their partner's timeline. Maybe to see qwhat they were up to during their respective busy days. And, for my personal opinion, they are just looking for something to fight at.

At the end of the day, I still think that talking to your partner about your day -- with work or school -- would be the key to a long-lasting relationship.  Social media would be a help or not, but it always depends upon the couple's understandinhg and trust t each other.

1 comment: